Happy Thursday everyone! Today’s post is a review on the Revlon Lash Potion Mascara. Now to be honest, I haven’t ever tried any other Revlon mascaras, I tend to stick to Maybelline or Rimmel when it comes to the drugstore. But I was given this as a Christmas present by a friend and really really love it!
I actually looked at some other reviews of this mascara and I found that the reviews are really mixed. A lot of people either find this mascara to be a little disappointing, or absolutely love it. I am definitely one of the people that love it.
Anyways, on to the review.
- So when it comes to packaging, I quite like it. It’s simple and sleek but also very colourful and pretty.
- I haven’t had any issues with it leaking or the tube breaking.
- In regards to the wand, Revlon says it’s a “triple-groove wand that combs through for clump-free length”, which I can agree with! It’s quite a thick wand, so it can be a little bit messy and isn’t great for lower lashes, but it definitely gives your upper lashes a lot of length and volume.
- The first thing I noticed about the formula is that it’s a very wet formula which makes it very easy to apply.
- In terms of shades, I believe it comes in either blackened brown or blackest brown as well as a waterproof version (correct me if I’m wrong please!).
- I do find that if I wear it for a long period of time, it tends to smudge a wee bit underneath my eye but I haven’t found it to be too much of an issue.
So overall, I definitely really like this mascara. It’s not the most amazing, revolutionary mascara ever but it’s definitely very nice for everyday and I would repurchase. Being a drugstore mascara, it’s quite affordable (although it’s tricky to actually buy in stores). In summary, I’d rate it an 8/10 🙂