Happy Sunday! It’s been ridiculously hot here over the past few days, so I wanted to bake something light and easy to eat that didn’t require using the oven. I also had some lady fingers biscuits to use up, so I came up with this super light, fruity, summery, delicious Summer Layer Cake. Enjoy, and of course let me know if you try it! 🙂
Prep time: 30 minutes
Chill time: Overnight
450g of cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
450g of whipping cream
50g crushed pineapple, drained
Lady fingers biscuits (approx. 30)
Your choice of fresh berries with sugar sprinkled on top for the topping (I used strawberries)
- Beat the cream cheese with the sugar until it’s blended. Add the cream and beat until smooth.
- Add the drained crushed pineapple and fold it in gently until it’s well combined. Set aside.
- Line a large spring form pan with lady fingers biscuits.
- Pour a layer of the cream cheese mixture on top, and then top it with a layer of lady fingers. Continue to do this until all the cream cheese is used and you have the cream cheese on top.
- Put the berry topping on the cake, then cover and refrigerate overnight to set.
- Remove the side of the spring form pan and enjoy! 🙂