Hi there everyone! This week’s Thursday’s post is three different (and amazing!) DIY Lip Scrub ideas. Each one has a different flavour/scent and I personally love each and every one.
I don’t know about you guys, but I seriously love lip scrubs. Not only do they make great gifts, but they’re also so good for your lips and make lip products go on amazingly smooth. They’re also very easy to make and can be easily customised to your own personal preferences!
- Combine 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil, then mix in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- Brown sugar is a slightly heavier sugar than caster, so it’s a bit rougher on the lips and is probably better for body scrubs. However, I wanted to show you the difference in the two textures and I think brown sugar works slightly better with this vanilla flavour 🙂
2. Mint Chocolate
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of caster sugar with 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil. Then add 3/4 teaspoon cocoa powder and 1/4 teasp of peppermint extract.
- I only used 1 tablespoon of caster sugar and so when I added the peppermint, the scrub became really really runny (it kinda looks like poop, not going to lie…), so I would recommend using 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar and adding a little more if you need to.
- Also, be super careful when adding the peppermint. It can be very strong and overpowering if you use too much!
3. Pink Mint
- Combine 1 1/2 tablespoons of caster sugar with 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil. Then add 2 drops of pink food colouring and mix well before adding 1/4 teaspoon of peppermint extract.
- You could also add bubblegum flavour (or something similar) if you can find it in cake/baking stores to duplicate Lush’s Bubblegum lip scrub.
To use the lip scrubs, simply rub it on your lips using your finger then wipe off to reveal beautifully soft lips! 🙂 And yes, each of these are perfectly safe to swallow (just don’t sit and eat them haha! …)
Also, you definitely don’t have to use coconut oil for each scrub, I just find that it tastes better than olive or vegetable oil. Ultimately, these scrubs can be changed a lot depending on what you have and prefer.
If you try these out or have a different lip scrub recipe you love, please let me know! I’d love to hear 🙂
And as always,