Happy Thursday! I apologise for this post being a little late, but better late than never, right? Today I’m sharing my first Christmas recipe of the year, these delicious and super cute Christmas Tree Brownies. I actually just used the super old brownie recipe already on my blog (click here) and decorated them to fit the festive theme. Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you try them!
Serves: about 36
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Super simple
430g (2 cups) caster sugar
225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
80g (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Choc chips (not a set amount, just your personal preference)
2 cups icing sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
Candy canes and M&Ms to decorate
- Preheat oven to 180°. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add the eggs gradually and stir until the ingredients are combined and the mixture is thick.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the egg mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and choc chips. Spread over the base of the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool before cutting into triangles. Cut the curved end of the candy canes off and insert the straight end into the bottom of the triangle to create the tree’s trunk.
- To make icing, lightly whisk eggwhite and lemon juice together in a bowl. Gradually add icing sugar, whisking until smooth and combined.
- Pipe onto brownies using small nozzle (mine kind of failed haha, I needed more icing sugar for it to hold together). Place red and green M&Ms on the brownies and enjoy!