Hi again and happy Thursday! I hope you’re having a lovely week 🙂
Today’s post is a First Impression / Review on the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. It is definitely not a new foundation, however it is extremely affordable and I haven’t seen many reviews on it, so I am sharing it with you all today!
- My immediate first impression was that it isn’t thick, but it isn’t thin. It also isn’t a particularly runny formula. When I pumped a small amount of it out onto my hand, it blended out really smoothly to a medium coverage.
- I did notice that it was a little bit darker than I would have liked. I did find that it was quite difficult to colour match in the store. I almost feel like the shades run a little darker, so I would definitely recommend taking your time to colour match your shade and maybe go a shade lighter than you would normally reach for.
- I also noticed that it has quite a strong, makeup-ish smell. However, when you blend it out you can’t notice the scent on your face.
- The foundation comes in a simple glass bottle. You get 30ml or 1 fl oz and I do find that a little goes a long way. So for the price (it’s $6 here in Australia, which is so amazing for a foundation), I think it really is an amazing deal. The bottle does feel relatively hardy, however when I travel with it I will make sure it is firmly wrapped and protected.
- The foundation comes with a pump, yay! I think everybody can appreciate that haha.
- As I said in the first impression section of this post, the formula isn’t thick, but it also isn’t thin or runny. It’s somewhere in between. It blends out super smoothly to a gorgeous, medium coverage, but it can definitely be built up to a fuller coverage.
- As I also mentioned before, it does have a very strong scent but once it is on your face, you can’t tell.
- I find that this foundation has quite a natural, dewy finish. It doesn’t cling to dry patches (which I normally have a HUGE issue with!) and does not leave any lines. I personally find it doesn’t settle into fine lines.
- This foundation is very easy to apply and doesn’t feel heavy on my skin. I apply with a damp sponge 🙂
- I would say that it lasts about six or seven hours, which I find is great. For everyday use, I feel like it has the perfect wear-time.
- Lastly, this foundation does contain SPF (SPF 20). It doesn’t have crazy flashback, but I certainly wouldn’t recommend it for a lot of flash photography.
Overall, the pros of this foundation definitely include the price, finish and coverage. The only major con would be the SPF, but really that all comes down to personal preference and use. I would definitely recommend! 🙂