Hey! 🙂 Today I’m bringing you a review of the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. This is a mascara that’s been around for a while now, but it is definitely a great product. I’ve been using it consistently for about 4 months and I’ve been really loving it!
- The packaging for this mascara is pretty simple, but functional. It looks quite appealing and it’s also pretty hardy. I’ve never had any issues with it leaking!
- I really do love the wand for this mascara. It’s the perfect size, not too big, not too small. It curves so that you can easily coat the lashes on the inner section of your eye. The curve also means you can get right to the root of your lashes, ultimately giving you great volume and length. Overall, it’s just a great wand!
- I believe the mascara only comes in one shade, black, but it does come in either a waterproof or washable form. I have the waterproof version and, to be honest, it really is a pain to get off. It’s great as a waterproof mascara so it’d be perfect for summer, however if you don’t like having to really put a lot of effort into taking off your mascara, I certainly wouldn’t recommend it. Next time, I think I’ll go with the washable version.
- This mascara also isn’t the best for layering. I do like when I’m able to easily do several coats of mascara, and this mascara doesn’t really layer up very well without going clumpy. However, you get excellent volume and length anyway. It’s all down to personal preference. However, I find that this mascara is great for layering over the top of other, more lengthening mascaras (I use Too Faced Lashgasm).
- Maybelline labels this mascara to have a liquid formula, which gives it the volume and length. I definitely love the look it gives my lashes. It’s bold and dramatic, but not over-the-top for everyday. It also curls my lashes a little, which I love!
In summary, this mascara is great for volume and I would rate it a 4/5. Please let me know if you try it 🙂