Happy Thursday. I was recently nominated by LauraJane for the Blogger Recognition Award (thank you!), which is a really great way of connecting bloggers and helping out new bloggers. Let’s get started!
Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two of advice to new bloggers. Thank whoever nominated you, and provide a link to their blog. List who you’ve nominated in the post. Make sure to also attach the award itself! (You can do this by right-clicking, saving, and uploading the image above).
3. Comment on each blog and let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to the award post you created.
- Lora by Lora
- Cheeky Orange
- Sprinkle of Surprise
- Beauty with Amanda B
- Angelique’s Beauty World
- The Kohl Eyed Beauty
- Luv Byrds
- Hannah Crossley
- Pastel Sparkles
A Little About Sugar Smile…
I started Sugar Smile the end of December last year as a creative outlet to express my love for all things baking, beauty and photography. I think I was at a point where I needed something else creative in my life, something where I could just be… me. I was just working hard in school and needed something more. It really is crazy just to see how far I’ve come in the past 9 or 10 months, not just how my blog has grown but also how I’ve grown as a person. I really do feel like I’ve gotten a lot more comfortable writing on my blog and expressing what I want to. Some of my first posts are written so awkwardly! Blogging has become my number one hobby and I love to use it as an escape.
My top 5 tips for any new bloggers would be:
- Double check spelling and punctuation. This polishes your blog just that little bit and makes it easier to read.
- Be original and write about what you want to write about. Don’t base your content on other peoples’, be you. You are beautiful and amazing and people want to read about you!
- Make sure you use the ‘tags’ feature correctly. Tags are the easiest way to get your blog out there, so use them right. Don’t use more than 10, don’t double up and make sure they’re relevant.
- Stick to an uploading schedule. This is all about working out what works best for you.
- In saying that, don’t be afraid to take a break. Naturally, you’re going to get busy and maybe run out of time to blog. Don’t be afraid to take a week or two off and regenerate. Just make sure you tell your readers!
Ps. Sorry about the late upload! It’s been a busy week 🙂