I have recently been loving anything with cinnamon and today I was really craving cinnamon scrolls. The logical thing to do when you’re craving something is to just make it, so that’s exactly what I did haha. These are so insanely easy and they were eaten within ten minutes of them coming out of the oven. I hope you enjoy! 🙂
Serves: around 10 (from one sheet of pastry)
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 sheet of puff pastry
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 teasp cinnamon
1 egg, separated
1 teasp milk
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 220°. Line a baking tray with baking paper and place pastry on top.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar then the cinnamon on to the pastry, ensuring they are relatively evenly spread. Don’t hesitate to add a little more if you feel like you need it.
- Slowly roll the pastry, going from top to bottom. My tip to get a tight scroll is to slowly roll it in very small rolls, pinching the pastry as you go. Hope that makes sense 😉
- Whisk the egg yolk and milk together in a small bowl and add a light layer of egg onto the scrolls. This helps to make the scrolls golden.
- Bake the scrolls for 15 minutes, or until slightly golden and puffed.
- To make the icing, whisk the egg white and lemon juice until combined. Sift in the icing sugar and combine.
- Allow the scrolls to cool then drizzle the icing over the scrolls, allow to set slightly then enjoy!