Hey everyone! Today I am sharing the final recipe for my collab series with Sprinkle of Surprise. I have really enjoyed this series, and I hope you have too! Today’s recipe is this delicious Chocolate Peppermint Slice. It is probably the trickiest out of the three recipes, but it is still easy and delicious and I hope you all try it!
Also, I didn’t post on Thursday, sorry! 😦 I went back to school recently and I’ve been crazy busy. I’ll make sure this Thursday’s post is great 🙂
Serves: around 40 small slices
Prep time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Easy (perfect for beginners)
250g plain, sweet biscuits
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
395g tin of condensed milk
100g butter, chopped
200g Cadbury peppermint chocolate, roughly chopped
1 small drop of peppermint essence
150g white chocolate
4-5 drops of green food colouring
1. Crush the biscuits in a zip lock bag, then pour into a mixing bowl. Sift the cocoa powder into the bowl.
2. Melt butter, block of peppermint chocolate and condensed milk in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. Mix until smooth.
3. Pour warm chocolate mixture onto the biscuit mixture and mix well with a metal spoon.
4. Add small drop of peppermint essence and mix well. Be careful that you don’t add too much, or it will be very overpowering!
5. Spread mixture into a baking paper lined slice pan.
6. Melt the white chocolate using the same method used to melt the butter, chocolate and condensed milk and pour over the cooled slice.
7. Work quickly and add a drop of food colouring at a time and swirl with a skewer. I find it easy to swirl a drop at a time in one area, then move onto another area. This is something that takes a little practice, so don’t worry if it doesn’t come out perfectly the first time. Practice makes perfect!
8. Place the slice in the fridge until set.
9. Slice into squares and enjoy!