Welcome back! Today I’m sharing this incredibly delicious no-bake chocolate coconut slice. I recently took these to a friend’s house and they were very popular, my family also loved them!
Serves: around 32 (depending on how big you cut it)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration time: At least one hour
250g plain biscuits
395g can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup dessicated coconut
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
200g chocolate (dark, milk or white)
1. Line a slice tin with baking paper.
2. Add the biscuits to the bowl of a food processor and process until the biscuits resemble bread crumbs. Add the condensed milk, coconut and cocoa powder and mix to combine. If the mixture is a little bit too dry, a small amount of warm water can be added.
3. Spoon the mixture into the slice tin. Press down firmly with a spatula. An excellent trick that I find useful is to dip the spatula in very warm water, spread it out with the spatula then shake the slice tin gently to get rid of the air bubbles. It makes the chocolate layer very smooth and bubble-free.
4. Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, then spread evenly over the slice. Sprinkle with the extra coconut.
5. Place in the fridge for around 1 hour to set.