This past week or so has been pretty stressful with schoolwork piling up. I’m definitely one of those people that gets stressed super easily, but I think I’ve become quite good at managing it. I thought today I would simply share some of my top tips on dealing with stress, and also some of my most effective study tips. Of course, keep in mind that everyone is different. All of these techniques work for me, but they may not work for you. That’s totally ok! Keep experimenting and work out what’s best for you, so when it really matters, you’re able to achieve as best as you can 🙂 Try your hardest. That’s the absolute best thing you can do. Never put pressure on yourself or compare yourself to others, because guess what? You’re not someone else and you have your own amazing talents. Find out what your talents are and aim to excel at that, never compare yourself to others!
Dealing with stress:
- My absolute top tip for dealing with stress is to relax. I find what works best for me is just taking tea (herbal or mint tea is great) outside into the fresh air and allow yourself to clear your head and breathe. Forget whatever is bothering you and just focus on that moment.
- Never focus on one thing for a long period of time. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take a break and do what makes you happy!
- Have your priorities in line and be organised. Set your work out so that you’re not doing it all at once and work out what needs to be done and when. If you know where you’re heading, you won’t be as stressed.
- Remind yourself that it’s ok to get a little stressed. It’s perfectly normal and it makes us work hard. However, it’s obvious when the stress just becomes too much and that’s when you need to take action and work out what makes you feel better.
- This may sound strange, but listen to classical music. I’m not too sure about the science behind it, but I genuinely think it works really well! I find it makes me feel productive and I can easily sit for an hour and a half before getting distracted or needing to get up. There are plenty of perfect tracks on youtube.
- Do not get distracted. Don’t have the TV or music playing in the background (unless it’s classical haha) and focus solely on what you’re studying.
- Repeat, repeat and repeat again. Repetition is key in trying to make information stick into your head.
- Draw pictures or colour code. If your brain can associate certain information with a colour or an image, it’s more likely to remember it well. It also helps to use sticky notes or bookmarks in textbooks.
- Get somebody to test you on the content. I definitely find this helps and it has been proven that it’s one of the most effective methods of studying.
- Don’t start studying the night before your exam. We’re all guilty of it, but it’s the worst thing you can do. Set your work out and decide on when you’re going to start studying and exactly what you’re going to study when.
These are my tips for studying and dealing with stress. If you have anymore questions, please leave a comment and I’ll be happy to answer! 🙂
– This was my first long, wordy lifestyle post. I was a little nervous to post it, so please give me some constructive feedback 🙂
Have a sweet day and remember you’re beautiful 🙂