Hi everyone! I love writing and reading reviews so I’d like to share a mascara I’ve been loving recently. It’s the Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express Mascara. If you’ve tried this mascara, let me know what you think of it!
- Something Maybelline always does quite well is their packaging. Most of their mascaras come in quite bright colours, making them visually appealing and ultimately making us all want to buy them haha. The Mega Plush comes in a teal and purple colour. I personally really like these colours together!
- The actual style of packaging is pretty standard, but it works. I’ve never had an issue with the product leaking or the tube breaking.
- In regards to the brush, Maybelline tried something a little different with this product. It has a “flexor-brush” meaning it flexes and bends slightly as you apply the product. I personally don’t hate it, but I know a lot of people aren’t big fans of the brush and find it a little pointless. It does curl your lashes, which I definitely like. I find the best way to apply this mascara is to begin from the root of the lashes and sweep up to the tips. Usually 2 coats give the desired effect.
- The one big thing that I absolutely love about the formula is that it gives a fair bit of volume, length and separation, but it doesn’t make your lashes stiff or brittle. Maybelline really did an excellent job with this element, I find it makes my lashes supple yet still long and plush. According to the Maybelline website, this is because it is a gel-mousse formula.
- I do find that this mascara can clump a tiny bit if it’s slightly dry. I personally don’t find this much of an issue considering it’s not very big clumps.
- This product is quite easy to remove. It comes off relatively easy with makeup wipes or remover.
- The Mega Plush comes in both waterproof and washable formulas. It also comes in 5 different colours. It comes in brownish black, blackest black, very black, very black WP (waterproof) and brownish black WP (waterproof).
Overall, I would rate this product a 4/5. I definitely love the look it gives my lashes. I’m not in love with the brush, however I certainly don’t hate it.
Have you tried it? Please let me know what you think!
Have a sweet day 🙂