Hi everyone! Hope you’re having a lovely weekend and I wish you all the best Easter tomorrow. Everyone celebrates Easter differently, so I hope you all have a great day doing whatever 🙂
Today I’d like to share these adorable, Easter-themed cupcakes. I made simple vanilla cupcakes in these cute yellow polka-dot paper cases, then decorated with a rim of buttercream, chocolate flake and mini eggs! I think they’re quite cute haha 🙂 I also tried something a little different. To present them, I placed the cupcakes in the paper cases in normal cases that was just out of a random cheap shop. I like it haha.
I actually used the same recipe as my Rainbow Cupcakes, but obviously didn’t use all the colours. I love this recipe and feel like I’ve found the almost-perfect vanilla cupcake recipe, it’s a great amount of sweetness and they’re so light and easy to eat. Let me know if you try them 🙂
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Easy 🙂
Oven temp: 200°C
1/2 cup caster sugar
125g unsalted butter
1 cup self-raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
3 tablespoons milk
For the icing:
125g butter, softened
1 1/2 cups icing sugar mixture
1 tablespoon milk
Cadbury chocolate flake
Mini speckled eggs
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 12 hole cupcake tray with 8 cases.
- Cream the sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in one at a time adding a little flour in each time until the ingredients are mixed.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix. Then add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time mixing after each addition.
- Bake in the preheated oven for around 15 minutes.
- To make icing, beat butter with an electric mixer until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly until combined.
- To decorate, pipe a thin ring of icing on the cupcake, then sprinkle a little bit of chocolate flake on the icing to create a “nest”. Then simply spoon a tiny little bit of icing inside the first ring and put 2 eggs on top. The icing just acts like a bit of glue for the eggs 🙂
Hope you all enjoy your Easter
Have a great day 🙂