Merry Christmas and a happy new year!! I apologise for the lack of posts recently, I just got busy with Christmas and New Years! 🙂
I was super excited to share this recipe because I finally got a spring-loaded cake pan at Christmas! I’ve been wanting to try a baked cheesecake for a while, simply because my family and I love them. Consequently, this one was eaten very quickly ;). What I love most about this cheesecake is being able to change it however you wish. You could very easily change the fruit, add a sauce or syrup, add chocolate flake and so so so much more. I feel as though baked cheesecakes are a little easier to eat than regular cheesecakes. They’re not quick as sickly and are the perfect density! I hope you all enjoy!
Prep time: 1 hour (not including refrigeration)
Cook time: 50 minutes – 1 hour
Oven temp: 160 degrees celsius or 140 degrees celsius fan-forced (320 degrees fahrenheit / 284 degrees fahrenheit)
- 250g packet of plain, sweet biscuits (arrowroot)
- 125g butter, melted
- 2 x 250g packets of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup of caster sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teasp vanilla
- 1 teasp lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- Fresh strawberries to decorate (these weren’t looking so great, they’re out of season unfortunately)
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius / 140 degrees celsius (fan-forced). Grease a 6cm deep, 22cm round spring-form cake pan.
2. Place biscuits into a large zip-lock bag and crush until it is very fine. Alternatively, you can use a food proccesor. Then stir in the melted butter and mix until well combined.
3. Press the mixture over base of the pan (you could even cover the sides) with a large spoon or cup. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla and lemon until smooth. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until just combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan over the biscuit base. Bake for 50minutes – 1hour or until just set and centre wobbles slightly. Allow to cool in oven for 2 hours, with door ajar slightly. Refrigerate overnight. Decorate with chopped strawberries and chocolate flake and serve. Enjoy!!
Have a sweet day 🙂