These chocolate brownies are honestly so so so so super easy to make and so easy to eat :). They are just your classic chocolate brownies and provide a great (however not overly healthy, shhh!) treat. They are an excellent choice if you need a quick treat to take to a friend’s house and I can assure you they are always eaten quite quickly. These brownies are delightfully full of chocolate, however not too rich. Combined with ice cream or cream or just alone, these certainly make your tastebuds tingle!
Serves: Around 20-30 (depending on how big your slices are)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Difficulty: Super easy!!
Oven temp: 180 degrees celsius (356 degrees fahrenheit)
Ingredients (I actually halved this):
- 250g butter
- 430g (2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 80g (3/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Choc chips (not a set amount, just how much you like)
- Icing sugar to dust
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (356 degrees fahrenheit). Line a slice tin with baking paper.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add the eggs gradually and stir until the ingredients are combined and the mixture is thick.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa powder over the egg mixture and stir until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and choc chips (you could even add chopped pecans or crushed biscuits in). Spread over the base of the pan (since I halved the ingredients, it was a little difficult to completely fill the pan).
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool, cut into pieces and dust with icing sugar. I hope you enjoy!
Have a sweet day 🙂