Welcome to my very first recipe! My first recipe is these delicious and moist apple and cinnamon muffins. They are a perfectly, mouth-watering combination of sweet and slightly spicy. The apple and cinnamon complement each other so well and provide a very easy to eat treat. They could easily be made slightly healthier. I hope you enjoy and tell me if you try them! I do apologise that I only have one photo, I originally didn’t intend to post these and so I didn’t take many photos while I was baking them. In the future, I will have photos of ingredients and the method.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Oven temp: 180 degrees
- 320g plain flour (1 and 1/3 cups)
- 250g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 50g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 175ml milk (or buttermilk)
- 2 peeled, cored and finely diced apples (I used green)
- A small amount of brown sugar to sprinkle over the top
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a 12-cup muffin tin (I actually made 15, so did two batches).
- In a medium bowl, combine all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil, butter, eggs and milk with an electric beater or whisk until well combined. Add the dry ingredients gradually and beat until nearly combined. Stir in the apples. Be careful that you do not overmix. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and sprinkle brown sugar over the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, then remove tin from oven and allow to cool. Remove muffins and cool on a rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. I hope you enjoy!
Have a sweet day 🙂